What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

is there an SNMP sensor to monitor inodes?

Votes:

Hey, i would like to monitor the inodes on my remote servers and i have snmp currently configured, however when trying to add the inode sensor on these servers in prtg, i could only see ssh inode free and no snmp inodes free, is there a way to add this sensor using snmp instead of ssh?

#inodes #prtg #snmp

Created on Apr 17, 2018 9:17:21 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The SNMP Linux Disk Free sensor is what you're looking for, although I've had a few issues using it with LVMs (trying to count the inodes of a volume group). For traditional ext2/3/4 partitions it works just fine. Remember to edit your snmpd.conf file so that you can monitor your disks, append the "disk /mypartition" or "includeAllDisks" directive at the end of your config file.

Created on Apr 18, 2018 12:08:07 PM

Last change on Apr 30, 2018 8:15:59 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

hey bethouxa, thank you for your reply, i do currently use SNMP Disk Free Sensor and it monitors all disks partitions but it only shows me the disk free and not inode free. any suggestions why?

Created on Apr 18, 2018 8:32:27 PM

Last change on Apr 19, 2018 12:25:49 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Okay i got it to work, i was using SNMP Disk Free Sensor instead of SNMP Linux Disk Free Sensor.

Thank you!

Created on Apr 18, 2018 9:04:44 PM

Last change on Apr 19, 2018 12:26:28 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.