What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to customize warnings and errors for SSL Security sensors ?

Votes:

Is there a way to customize the SSL Security sensor so that it warns or errors depending on the level of security/compatibility I want to use ?

My workplace tolerates TLS v1.0 and we would like the sensor to not warn, as we have a couple hundred of these sensors, they make our warnings less readable, we do not intend to upgrade in the short term, but we'd still like to catch any server still running SSLv1/2/3.

I know I could do it with a custom lookup table, but is there a built-in way to do that ?

Thanks in advance.

channel ssl tls tlsv1-0

Created on Apr 18, 2018 11:59:49 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

This is possible by changing the used lookup of the "TLS 1.0" channel. So please navigate to "Sensors > By Type > S... > SSL Security Check". On this site you can select all available sensors. If there are more than 50 sensors you can choose to display all available in the upper right corner of the table (Items: ...).
After you have selected all displayed sensors, or just the ones you want to edit, please click on the little wrench symbol on the left side of the table which will open the settings. In the settings windows please click on "Channel Settings", select the "TLS 1.0" channel, tick the "Value Lookup" option and set it to "prtg.standardlookups.sslsensor.tls" instead of "prtg.standardlookups.sslsensor.ssl".
This will not warn you about TLS1.0.

Best regards.

Created on Apr 20, 2018 10:57:25 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.