What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notifications on Exchange DAG monitoring: STATUS

Votes:

I have the Exchange DAG sensor configured, but i cannot seem to figure out how to configure notifications alerts when the Status changes. For example: I want to be notified when the last value changes from MOUNTED to HEALTHY or vice versa.

Change triggers dont work Threshold triggers: I dont know what the channel values are (The sensor says MOUNTED or HEALTHY) but it has to be numeric value.

How can i alert when the status of the DAG changes?

dag exchange notifications prtg trigger

Created on Apr 23, 2018 12:55:07 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Duane,

Usually, the change trigger should work, when the state actually changes. Could you provide me with a screenshot of your current notification setup for this sensor? Thanks!

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 24, 2018 10:44:39 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi There

The thing is, the state is not changing.

The STATUS is,

This can be configured in a Threshold trigger, but what should the channel value be?

Note the value is, MOUNTED, HEALTHY, etc....but can only use numbers

Created on Apr 24, 2018 10:52:14 AM

Votes:

Creating a threshold trigger for the Status channel to be above 0 for a certain amount of time is the way to go here, since 1 represents "Mounted" and everything else (i.e. above 1) makes the sensor to into a warning state. It's just Healthy and Mounted that represent an OK state for PRTG. In this case, additional state triggers for warning and down should also be created.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 24, 2018 1:21:10 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.