What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Impersonation was denied (code: PE180)

Votes:

Hi,

Since updating to the latest version I get the error: Impersonation was denied (code: PE180) On every filesensor I have.

I tried it on another system running an older version and here it seems to work perfectly,

How could we solve this?

filesensor pe180 prtg18

Created on Apr 23, 2018 2:01:21 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Thanks for your inquiry, we appreciate your contact regarding the matter!

This is probably related to a known bug in the current version. Please enter credentials with sufficient access rights in the settings of your probe device under "Credentials for Windows Systems".

Please let us know, if the issue still persists. There will be a bug fix in version 18.x.40. The release is planned for mid-May.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 25, 2018 8:05:14 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

is this bug fixed yet?

I run into the same error by calling bash.exe in the system32 folder (18.4.45.1898) Thread: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/81993-windows-wsl-bash-exe-call

Created on Oct 30, 2018 1:26:53 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

The issue with our file Sensor has already been fixed. Since Dariusz is already at your issue, please continue there.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 2, 2018 2:49:18 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.