What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

About Transfer

Votes:

Hi Sir,

If I have one version 14 want to transfer to version 18, I will try to use copy data to put in the same folder in the other device, does it could happen any unknown problem? Like some sensors will not be use or others.

When I transfer the PRTG, I need use offline to active the license, and before I get the active-key that you give me, can I use my version 14(500 sensors) normally?

offline prtg version

Created on Apr 25, 2018 8:17:52 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Yes, you can use this version all the way up until you migrate the data.

However, the migration path will require multiple steps.

Your best bet might be to purchase a new license for your new installation, and use this as a chance to audit your current installation.

Created on Apr 26, 2018 3:45:14 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.