What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

QNAP NAS SENSOR

Votes:

Hi

At the beginning of August, I set up QNAP NAS probes on my distant sites, everything worked correctly.

However, for 1 month I have losses of connection of probes saying to me "No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (erreur SNMP # -2003)", it is rather annoying.

But when I make "10000" updatings, sometimes that becomes in green. When I introduce a connection on the NAS (Web panel), the probe becomes directly in green.

Would you have a solution to this problem?

For your information, my PRTG is always up to date.

nas qnap snmp

Created on Apr 26, 2018 7:26:39 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Dear Quentin,

when the sensors turn to the error status with the -2003 error, it would be useful to check the connection outside of PRTG, using the SNMP Tester. If those sensors are on remote probes, please run the tester on that probe.

Please enter the device IP, port, SNMP version and SNMP community string. Then select the "Read Device Uptime" option and start the test. If you get an uptime, while the PRTG sensors are down, something is wrong with the PRTG probe. In that case, please contact us at [email protected]. Otherwise, the device either takes too long to respond, or does not respond at all. You can increase the SNMP timeout in PRTG, if that does not help, the error cannot be fixed on PRTG's side.

Created on Apr 26, 2018 3:43:45 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Nothing was changed, everything is exactly as before of the implementation.

Overnight, I've this error. With SNMP Tester, I've well an answer of the SNMP.

Created on Apr 26, 2018 3:50:17 PM

Votes:

Dear Quentin,

in this case, please check if it helps to restart the according PRTG probe (the computer serving as probe operating the SNMP sensor). Does that resolve the error?

Created on Apr 26, 2018 6:02:09 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Nothing change

Created on Apr 27, 2018 7:10:58 AM

Votes:

Dear Quentin,

more complex analysis is difficult via the KB. Please contact us at [email protected]. Please include screenshots of the sensor (overview tab, logs tab, settings tab) and the SNMP Tester output. Thank you!

Created on Apr 27, 2018 10:42:10 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

And with Windows log event (API), i got this :

Could not retrieve params for eventlog entry (Récipient d’erreurs %1, type %2 Nom d’événement : %3 Réponse : %4 ID de CAB : %5 Signature du problème : P1 : %6 P2 : %7 P3 : %8 P4 : %9 P5 : %10 P6 : %11 P7 : %12 P8 : %13 P9 : %14 P10 : %15 Fichiers joints :%16 Ces fichiers sont peut-être disponibles ici : %17 Symbole d’analyse : %18 Nouvelle recherche de la solution : %19 ID de rapport : %20 Statut du rapport : %21 Récipient avec hachage : %22 ). Eventlog of target computer might not be compatible.

Did you have a solution ?

Created on Apr 27, 2018 12:53:35 PM

Votes:

Dear Quentin,

please use one KB article (or support ticket) for one issue, as adding multiple issues into one article could be confusing.

Regarding the Event Log issue, pleas make sure that you are using the latest PRTG version, because we recently fixed a bug. If the issue is still there, please contact us at [email protected], again with screenshots of the sensor (overview tab, logs tab, settings tab).

Created on Apr 27, 2018 3:25:48 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.