What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I change the probenode ID in PRTG?

Votes:

Is it possible to change the probenode id? https://url/probenode.htm?id=2090 is an example.

We would like to change the probenode id to the account number of our clients so it's the same. For example the account numer of our client is 48269. It would be handy if the probenode id is the same as the account number (https://url/probenode.htm?id=48269)

Is there a way to arrange this?

management probenode prtg

Created on Aug 19, 2010 11:57:10 AM

Last change on Aug 23, 2010 7:58:16 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Arno,

I'm afraid that is not possible. There might be a hack of the configuration file to do this, but I really wouldn't recommend to do so, as you might have to change many places in the file (when the probe is used in reports, maps, or potentially dependencies to other groups), and also, all historic data till now might be lost as well (as it is saved under another ID).

Best Regards.

Created on Aug 19, 2010 2:15:00 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Okay, it's no problem when historic or every data is lost. We are installing several clients from scratch. Which configuration file(s) do we have to change for this?

Kind regards

Created on Aug 19, 2010 3:07:26 PM

Votes:

Dear Arno,

I'm sorry, but we won't put a guide into the KB for this, as simply put, too many things can easily go wrong. It's intended that objects have the ID they get from PRTG in the process of being added, and that this ID stays the same.

Best Regards.

Created on Aug 19, 2010 4:34:13 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.