What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

File Content Sensor Not Working

Votes:

Hi - This seems like something that should be an easy task but it is not. I have a one line text file being generated by PowerShell. I am trying to check for the existence of a string within that file. I have the file content sensor setup, and it can see the file without any issues, however it refuses to find the string that is present.

When I enable debugging, the "results of sensor" output show the content of my target file, but with spaces inserted between every character. No idea why that's happening but I figured I'd try checking for the string with the spaces added, and that doesn't work either.

I've tried the different encoding options; either of the Unicode ones throw an error, so the Windows default seems like the only option. I'm not trying to use a regex. I'm literally just trying to check for one single word in a one line text file.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks!

file file-content-sensor powershell

Created on May 3, 2018 1:13:00 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello James,

Thank you very much for your contact.

To further analyse the issue, please write us an email to [email protected] and also provide us with the file, which will allow us to re-create the scenario here. Please remove private information if the file contains any.

Thank you very much in advance.
Sebastian

Created on May 4, 2018 11:02:39 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.