What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Make custom image display sensors of device

Votes:

Is it possible to make a custom image display the sensors of a device like the standard images do? I already found some posts about a status related background image, but I only need to see the sensors of a device like the icons from default icons A or B show. I would like to have my custom images be able to do the same where I can drag them to any device I have in a map with the name of the device and sensors being displayed.

custom-image maps sensors

Created on May 3, 2018 1:23:54 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

How you achieve this is described on the following site:
https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/8043-can-i-use-my-own-images-icons-logos-in-prtg-s-map-editor

Best regards.

Created on May 4, 2018 8:55:51 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

The posts I mentioned earlier are actually the ones you linked in your reply. Those are status related background images. I want to be able to drag an icon to a device, but when I use custom icons they appear as static images.

The posts also describe how to use these images for status related background, but that is still the same issue in that it is not showing the number of sensors and their status.

I do not want the status related background, but what the icons show with all sensors and the status of those sensors. I want to drag a device nto the map from the left, then replace the standard icon with a custom icon from the right and still have it display the device name and sensor count/status. Again, I do not need a status related background image.

Created on May 4, 2018 9:57:45 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please copy the "template.htm" file from one of the other folder (iconset1) and replace the one in the "iconset7" folder. This will allow you to display the mentioned metrics from devices/sensors/groups.

Best regards.

Created on May 4, 2018 10:09:14 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That did the trick! I can now do what I described in my earlier posts. This will make identifying devices easier.

Created on May 4, 2018 10:14:53 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Good to hear! I hope you enjoy your new mapicons. :)

Best regards

Created on May 4, 2018 10:40:57 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.