What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows10 workgroup member cannot be monitored any more

Votes:

dear all,

I have updated to PRTG version PRTG Network Monitor 18.2.40.1658 but also with the latest version of the "stable" software, I had the same issue. I am running a Win10 VM on Hyper-V which is not in my domain and I monitored this VM for more than 2 years now. right after the update of PRTG and the latest Windows patches April 2018 updates, this Win10 client cannot be monitored. Just PING is OK, and the other sensors, like MEM, C-drive and so on get RED after a view minutes. But not good explenation why. I have seen One Error code PE015. But nothing more in details, what happend or why it is not working any more.

I tried the WMI tool to test the WMI connections, but there I have seen all the needed informations. so WMI access looks good. but even when I change the access password from local admin to anything else, the error code does not change. it looks like it had no change to the same result, when I changed the password of the access user.

please can you updates me, which LOGs would you need to see more details, what happend here?

thank you very much! best regards, elmar

prtg snmp-sensor wmi-sensor

Created on May 6, 2018 2:51:42 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Neumel,

What actual errors do you see within the sensors? Which version was running prior to the update?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on May 7, 2018 6:13:52 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan, I had installed 18.1.38.11958 but then I have got an Email to update to the next "stable" version. So the version just before 18.2.40.1658. Well where can I find the installation history? Then can I copy & past it here and you can see everything in details. Thanks, best regards, Elmar

Created on May 9, 2018 5:10:53 PM

Votes:

Hello neumel,

Have you already tried to restart the monitored machine for test purposes and does this restart affect the sensor within PRTG?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on May 9, 2018 6:43:27 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian, yes, I have rebooted this VM several times, but only the "ping" sensor changes the color and the other ones stay red as this status cannot be changed, as the sensores cannot communicate to the VM. Or it looks like that. always, after several minutes the error: PE015

Thanks Elmar

Created on May 10, 2018 5:44:21 PM

Votes:

Dear Elmar,

Thank you very much for your response.

Please contact us directly via email to [email protected]. We will start to analyse some log files of your system which are better provided by email than in the knowledge base.
Please refer to this knowledge base article so the support request will be automatically assigned to me.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on May 11, 2018 6:45:25 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.