What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Status Partial Down in cluster environment

Votes:

Hi,

I'm having problem with sensor using 2 clusters

One of the cluster status is Up while the other cluster is down [ Error code PE002 ], at sometime cluster 2 is up for couple of hours and then goes down.

what could be the issue here ?

cluster datastore prtg-network-monitor

Created on May 7, 2018 4:59:59 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your contact.

The partial down sensor state means that at least one node reports this sensor as down. The probably best approach would be to contact us via e-mail to [email protected] and also submit a full-screen, non-cropped screenshot of the sensor's Overview, Log and Settings tab.
This is most likely necessary, because it improves the future way of analysis than over our knowledge base.

Feel free to refer to this knowledge base article, so the case is already assigned to me.

Thank you very much in advance.
Sebastian

Created on May 7, 2018 10:03:11 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 22, 2018 8:33:58 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I got sometimes this problem with my clustered PRTG. A workaround to avoid this kind of partial alarms is to (once a month for example) schedule a regular reboot of your probes and CoreServer. With a cluster, there is no problem to do that.

Temporarly, it "resolve" the problem for me.

Also, send a report to the support in aim to improve the cluster :)

Created on May 9, 2018 12:40:05 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.