What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I set an alarm to a down state in PRTG using an API if a certain file is not present on a We

Votes:

I need to be able use Powershell to send an API command to PRTG to set a sensor to a state of down if a SharePoint mapped WebDAV drive is no longer accessible.

The approach I am taking is to detect if a file on that drive exists and if it does not then send a command to PRTG to set a sensor to a state of down.

The trouble with this particular issue is that the presence of the WebDAV drive has to be in the user's context so the command must be sent from a script run by the user (which is always logged on), which would check every 5 minutes or so for example.

Is this possible with API and if not do you know of another way to do this?

api down powershell prtg sensor

Created on May 7, 2018 7:08:05 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You could use the simulate error API command:
/api/simulate.htm?id=objectid&action=1

Otherwise, why not use the HTTP Push Sensor for this to push the data directly to PRTG and have it go into a down state based on a certain value? :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on May 7, 2018 7:21:54 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Stephan!

I think we wanted to have an actual alarm rather than a simulated one, but that HTTP Push Sensor sounds like exactly what we are looking for.

Thanks a bunch :)

Created on May 7, 2018 7:49:53 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.