What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Scaling of maps

Votes:

The scaling option in the settings of a map does not scale all that well. Is there a size in pixels I can set in the settings of a map to ensure it scales well or is the scaling a bit off because of the different resolution/browser settings or the monitor someone uses?

We want to put PRTG up on a big screen so having the maps scale correctly would be preferable.

maps scaling screen-resolution

Created on May 7, 2018 8:14:18 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you for the KB-Post. I'm afraid it's only possible to set a dimension on a map. Can you give me some details on this? Which size is the map? And on which resolution do you want it displayed?

best regards.

Created on May 7, 2018 11:26:01 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I do not have exact specifics on the resolution, but it will probably be at least full HD(1920 x 1080).

I myself am using full HD so I want to start with getting the scaling right on my own monitor. The maps are currenlty of different sizes since I have been experementing with it. One is 1000x1000 and others are 1920x1080 or 1920x1200.

Created on May 8, 2018 7:13:07 AM

Votes:

The best would actually be to have the map the exact same size of the display resolution then. While font size can be tricky in this, it works best for the proportions of the map objects.
With the current webinterface mechanics a more sophisticated scaling isn't possible right now I'm afraid.

Created on May 8, 2018 3:21:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.