What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Message forward

Votes:

My software has a gateway that can receive alert (strings) and generate alerts and tasks. I have been asked by my customer to monitor a UPS device in the data center which I monitor via PRTG. I am looking for a way to forward the alert/notification from PRTG to my gateway.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

forwarding prtg ups

Created on May 8, 2018 10:45:11 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Maybe you can use notifications with "execute program" option.

You just have to write a script (.bat or powershell) that will deliver the string to your Gateway when PRTG detect an issue and generate a notification...

The question is : How can you deliver this string to your Gateway through this script.

Take a look at this

Created on May 9, 2018 12:24:51 PM

Votes:

Hello assafh,

Thank you very much for your contact.
Indeed, the best approach would be to use the Execute Program setting within a PRTG notification. This will require a customized script but is most likely the best shot here.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on May 9, 2018 6:18:27 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.