What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Group Uptime report

Votes:

HI,

I see this question was asked and answered in 2015. I am hoping something has changed since then. Is there a way to get average uptime of a group ? If not, is there a way I can get uptime of every device in a group that I can extract and then summarize in say excel ? I feel the top/bottom 100 report very limiting.

Thanks,

reports summarization uptime

Created on May 8, 2018 8:23:52 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello stheologo,

Thank you very much for your question.

Even though I don't know to which answer you refer precisely, I'm afraid this hasn't changed in the meantime. For the sake of completeness, please allow me to share another good example of my colleague Greg from 2013, however still accurate and which might help you to understand why such a feature would not provide you with the numbers expected.
The downtime/uptime reports are the best approach at the moment.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on May 9, 2018 9:12:09 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The problem with the downtime/uptime reports is that they are limited to top/bottom 100, unless I have missed something.

As far as a group level is concerned, if you have multiple groups and you want to build a high level dashboard/map so you can easily see problem area' so you can drill down to a problem area, having a group view is the best way to do this. Also having to report up requires grouped views.

Created on May 10, 2018 9:38:11 PM

Votes:

Hello stheologo,

Are you still referring to reports or maps and dashboards? Indeed, for the report its limited to the Top 100 Uptime/Downtime objects. If this number is not enough, please consider to select sensors manually or add sensors by tag from the corresponding tabs.

Did you already check the Sunburst map object for groups within a Map?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on May 11, 2018 1:05:32 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I am still talking about reports. I will have to look and see about using the tags. thanks for the tip.

Created on May 24, 2018 8:14:39 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.