What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to support multiple remote probes behind NAT?

Votes:

I'm developing a setup that has a core probe on one network and multiple remote probes that are connected over the Internet. One of the remote sites will have two remote probes.

Ordinarily, I would expect to port-forward 23560 for the remote site's router to the server with the remote probe. However if there are two servers, you can't do that. What I need is for one of the remote probes to use port 23560 and the other remote probe to use 23561, so that the traffic can be distinguished and sent to the proper place.

I've read how to customize the port used for core-probe connections, but that appears to make the core use the customized port for all remote probes.

Is there a way to do this?

core-probe-connection firewall port prtg remote-probe

Created on May 10, 2018 9:42:54 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Andrew,

You're correct - the probe ports are changed on a global level, and can't be changed on a per site basis. Is there a reason that makes two remote probes within the same network a requirement?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on May 11, 2018 7:59:35 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.