What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remove a sensor from ALL Sensor Library

Votes:

I inherited a PRTG and I am having difficulty to control notification for some sensors because all sensors belong to an "ALL Sensor" library which has a set of separate recipients.

libraries library sensors

Created on May 14, 2018 12:40:08 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I'm afraid this whole library is more or less pointless then at least as far as notifications are concerned, because notification triggers configured in a library will be effective for all sensors inside that library and there is no way to disable them for single sensors in the library. If you need more "granularity" here, you can either setup different libraries or disable those notification triggers in the library and configure the notifications individually as needed on groupb/device/sensor leveletc.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on May 14, 2018 12:45:18 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for the response. I agree. How can I remove the sensor in the library? In "ALL CPU" library for example, I removed the tag to remove the sensor to the from that library.

Created on May 15, 2018 4:20:38 AM

Votes:

I would rather recommend to create a new library that suits your needs. It is not possible to remove single sensors from a library, also when checking the settings of a library node, it might be configured to automatically add sensors by type or tag for example.

Let me know what you want to achieve with the library, then I can try to give you more constructive hints about it.

Created on May 16, 2018 6:20:51 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.