What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to change snmpv3 engine-id after rma

Votes:

Hi

As above - I have RMA'd some cisco ASAs.

The snmpv3 config has been recreated and show snmp user shows the users ok - the engine id has changed of course.

the Polls are dropped on the new ASA as the user isnt recognized - i think its because the ASA snmpv3 user is associated with engine id.

I cannot find any setting in PRTG to change the engine-id. Even if I delete and recreate the sensor.

Is it possible to change this value in PRTG?

asa engine-id snmpv3

Created on May 14, 2018 1:14:46 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey Archon,

this must be related to something else as we haven't implemented the concept of engine-ID to PRTG. So, please double check the configured credentials for SNMPv3 and the firewall rules for the target devices.

If the issue persists afterwards, please open a new support ticket and forward us screenshots of one of the affected sensors (tabs: "Overview", "Log" and "Settings") and from the parent device (tab: "Settings") for analysis.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on May 15, 2018 12:44:33 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.