What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to set xx GB free space as threshold instead of percent?

Votes:

Hello :)

Is it possible to set a number for a threshold instead of percent? Like a warning about 50 Gigabyte free space instead of 10 % free space.

I appreciate your feedback!

free-space percentage threshold

Created on May 15, 2018 8:33:33 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hey,

just check your "Disk Free" Sensor. You most likely will have a channel for "free bytes" and "free space". Click on the gear next to it and set the limits inside of the channel. Space for % - Bytes for GB.

Here some Screenshots with corresponding colors:

You would have to choose "free bytes -> Lower Warning Limit" of course... not "Upper" as in my screenshots ;-)

Lukas

Created on May 15, 2018 12:40:54 PM

Votes:

Just one additional thing: Careful when the WMI Free Space Multidisk sensor is being used as it also comes with pre-defined limits for the "Free Space" channels that are not visible in the channel as they are configured on "Settings" tab. Just in case :)

Kind regards,

Erhard

P.S.: Thanks for chipping in, Lukas :)

Created on May 15, 2018 2:44:46 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 15, 2018 2:45:10 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is just not working for me, nothing I do will shift the sensor from % to capacity.

I enter the capacity limits I want, and they show up as percentages.

I've tried clicking the gear wheel as advised; and the interface looks nothing like the screenshots above. I've tried altering the settings in "settings"; and the value changes OK; but the metric remains percent. That's to say, I can change 10% to 20%, I cannot change it from 10% to 20 GB.

It would be easier if I could post screen shots......

Created on Jul 25, 2022 11:53:29 AM

Votes:

Hello,

I would encourage you to create a support ticket to submit your data and provide screenshots to review configuration and so on. You can reference this KB article in the case notes.

Regards,

Miguel Aikens

Created on Jul 28, 2022 9:22:27 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.