What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Win 10 April 2018 update

Votes:

I installed the April 2018 update on a workstation yesterday. Today I first upgraded PRTG to 18.2.40.1683, but still all was working well.

Then I updated the "server" running PRTG with the April 2018 update. After that, the workstation I updated can't send data. I get the dreaded "A connection could not be establised - PE015" error.

Just to check if it was a fluke, I updated another workstation. Same thing. It worked, then it did not.

I usually have to do these tricks: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/203-how-can-i-monitor-wmi-sensors-if-the-target-machine-is-not-part-of-a-domain … to get PRTG working again after huge windows updates, but I checked every setting and it should be OK.

And on the PRTG "server" I've used the WMItest.exe tool. Which can read data from both machines.

What am I missing? Is it something with the April 2018 update?

prtg windows-update wmi

Created on May 16, 2018 6:42:46 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

To receive a more detailed error message, could you please forward this article to create Probe Status files and forward the files to [email protected]?

Thanks in advance! Best regards, Felix

Created on May 17, 2018 11:27:48 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

What finally worked was setting up the PRTG Probe service to use the local computer account, instead of the default "service" account.

Created on Aug 10, 2018 4:42:31 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.