What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Mini Probe On raspberry pi

Votes:

Hi, I have installed the mini probe on the raspberry pi without any errors. I start the service as indicated in the documentation but the mini probe does not appear at the server. I have enabled the mini probe connection from any IPs at the server.

Am I missing something?

After starting the service on the reapberry PI, how can I check that it is really running?

Thanks Tom

miniprobe prtg raspberry-pi

Created on May 17, 2018 5:19:32 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Tom,

Contrary to standard remote probes, this one uses 443 for connecting to the core. Is that port available as well?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on May 18, 2018 10:20:26 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for pointing this out.

With a a little more reading the above topic in the manual I have managed to get it connect.

I had not included the ID's for the probles in the probe configuration.

Thanks, Tom

Created on May 21, 2018 6:54:07 AM

Votes:

Glad you made it :)

Kind regards
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on May 21, 2018 7:18:52 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.