What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I set up SSH sensors with my AWS Linux instances?

Votes:

What steps do I need to take to monitor my AWS Linux instances with SSH sensors?

aws linux prtg ssh

Created on May 22, 2018 6:35:29 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 22

Monitoring AWS Linux instances with SSH sensors

To monitor your AWS Linux instances using SSH sensors, you need to take the following steps.

1. Make sure that your Linux instances have a security group configured that allows SSH access via port 22.
    Port 22
    Click to enlarge.
  2. Create devices in PRTG for each of your EC2 instances using the public IP address of each instance. Public IP Addresses
    Click to enlarge.\
  3. Set the Credentials for Linux/Solaris/Mac OS (SSH/WBEM) Systems in the device settings based on your AWS user and private key.
  4. You can now add the following sensors to your devices in PRTG:

The device with the SSH sensors looks like this: SSH sensors
Click to enlarge.

More

Created on May 22, 2018 7:54:35 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 4, 2023 3:01:26 PM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.