What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change Geomap Markers

Votes:

Hi all,

I need to change the Geomap Marker, I saw that before v17 it was possibile but after? please help me!

geomaps markers prtg

Created on May 24, 2018 7:46:51 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

While this is no longer officially supported, it should still be possible to do with the new UI.

Please see this KB for a guide on updating the new UI.

For the actual instructions on how to setup the GeoMap Markers, see this article.

Best Regards
Benjamin Day [Paessler Support]

Created on May 24, 2018 1:52:42 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi Benjamin,

I already tried some of these method:

• We can't modify the size of the marker because in the code, width and height are specified in the style attribute:
<div id="3656" style="position: absolute; **width: 21px; height: 25px;** left: 106.5px; top: 17px;" title="" class="up map-marker" data-delay="0" data-original-title="location" aria-describedby="tooltip197334"><a dependency="1" thisid="3656" class="devicemenu isnotpaused  isnotfavorite localprobe mapmarker locationlist" style="background-image:url(/icons/devices/Phone_VoIPServer.png?svg)" id="3656" href="/devices.htm?filter_location=@sub(location)"></a></div>

So we can't change the dimension.

• I tried to use this script:
<script>
$(".map-marker").width(250);
</script>

and use it in the after HTML but we can't use scripts there :(
I tried to used it in the page that load the map, but I cannot trigger when the map is loaded so ...

• we can change the icon, using the CSS tweak, but with a dimension fixed at 21px x 25px we can't see anything

I really need to change the dimension and the icon, how can I do this?

Created on May 24, 2018 3:28:30 PM

Last change on May 24, 2018 5:46:15 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Andrea,

I'm afraid this is all I can help with. My knowledge with scripting is limited, and as stated in the other KBs, customization isn't supported by technical support.

Sorry I'm not able to help.

Created on May 25, 2018 7:35:02 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

I'm really sorry about this, atm we can't use the map because the icons are so small that can't be seen clearly ...

Created on May 25, 2018 7:36:23 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.