What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Physical Disk SNMP sensors on xenserver

Votes:

This is not much of a problem but rather a question about this sensor. We have many Xenservers and they are reporting lots of disks in the server. We certainly want to monitor the physical disks, but PRTG discovered more then 75 disks and I have no idea which ones are real. There are only 6 physical disks in the server. It's overkill to have all those "Disks" being monitored.

The server is an HP DL360.

It lists 22 Physical Disk: DM-xx and 50 Physical Disk: loopxx and another 15 Physical Disj: ramxx

I do see a list of physical disks that wer discovered but they are now reporting could not be found.

Looking for advise on why my physical disks are not reporting in error PE156, and what the hech are all the other drive.

Thank you

hp physical-disk snmp xenserver

Created on May 24, 2018 12:44:42 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Much of this depends on the volumes that XenServer has made. Do you have any way of looking at a XenServer console to see the storage from their side?

If so, there might be some kind of defining characteristic about the physical volumes that you can correlate over to PRTG.

Best Regards

Benjamin Day [Paessler Support]

Created on May 25, 2018 9:21:47 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Last change on May 25, 2018 9:22:04 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.