What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Expired without MA

Votes:

Hi Paessler Support ,

Recently , we encounter the complicated situation . We have one machine which installed PRTG more than one year . But it displayed the notification "License Status : Temporary activation . License already in use on a different system." and "License Edition : PRTG Network Monitor XL5 (expires 6/13/2018)" . Our question is that we cannot find the root cause immediately . What if we cannot solve this problem before 6/13/2018 , can we still use it after 6/13/2018 ? Any impact except updating software and get the premium support ?

Regards, Ryan

expires maintenance prtg

Created on May 31, 2018 2:47:04 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi Ryan,

Rest assured, we will take care of you. Can you send me the SystemID for the server in question?

You'll get this from Setup -> License -> Status in the web interface.

Thanks!

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 1, 2018 12:24:44 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi Benjamin ,

Thank you for your prompt response . Our engineer is checking for this issue . We are seeking for the possible impact since we had checked Knowledge base . The other questions are all only expired issue . There was none report related to "License Status : Temporary activation . License already in use on a different system." May we have your comment for this situation ? What if we cannot fix this problem before the expiration date , any impact for us to keep using this serial number PRTG product ?

Regards, Ryan

Created on Jun 1, 2018 1:53:02 AM

Votes:

After the temporary activation expires, your system would revert to a 100 sensor freeware instance.

However, we will not let this happen. As soon as I get the System ID from you, I can correct the issue.

Thanks!

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 1, 2018 5:25:50 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi Benjamin ,

Thank you for your explanation . According our network engineer's feedback , they had tried to correct this mistake with Paessler and which machine I mentioned would be decommissioned in these days . Thank you !

Regards, Ryan

Created on Jun 2, 2018 8:32:15 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.