What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Schedule times

Votes:

Hi,

is there a way to set, only for a particular device under a group, a different schedules? For example: the device A works from 08 to 12, the sensor X, contained in the device A, has to work 0-24

prtg schedule time

Created on May 31, 2018 6:21:30 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Andrea,

This is not possible, as the schedule of the device will always override the schedule of the sensor. If the device is paused, the child objects (i.e. sensors will be paused). As per the documentation:

Dependencies, schedules and maintenance windows always pause all sensors inside a group/device. This pausing is always inherited to all sub-objects and the inheritance can not be disabled. Below you can set additional schedules, maintenance windows or dependencies that will be used on top of any inherited setting.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 1, 2018 8:54:51 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

I understand but how can I manage this situation:

• a probe;
  • 40+ devices, 4 sensors each;
  • 10/15 of the sensors has to run 0/24, the others can run 8-19;

Created on Jun 1, 2018 2:24:38 PM

Last change on Jun 4, 2018 6:27:39 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

You'll need to apply the schedules to the sensors itself, not the devices/groups :)

Kind regards,

Created on Jun 4, 2018 6:28:13 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I don't want to bother you but this thing is not so good ... One of the best thing in PRTG is the hierarchy organization and the inheritation of the settings, why this is not possibile about schedules?

Created on Jun 4, 2018 7:47:18 AM

Votes:

Because larger schedules override smaller schedules when inherited. A paused device will always have all of it's sensors paused. You can use Multi-Edit to apply the limits to the corresponding sensors in bulk if you like to.

Kind regards,

Created on Jun 4, 2018 8:22:25 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.