What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

down state when probe disconnected

Votes:

Hello, My aim is to find when and how long a probe was disconnected from the server. Actually when the connection come back the data from the probe are sent to the server. I'm try to figure out how to make the disconnection (error) state reported as down.

Is there a way you can suggest me?

thank you

disconnected downtime remote-probe

Created on Jun 1, 2018 9:46:56 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi Rigabb,

The easiest way would be to check the probe log for any disconnects and calculate it accordingly. Or would you like to create a sensor for that? A port sensor that checks 23560 (TCP), running on a device with the actual probe address might do the trick.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 1, 2018 5:46:09 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan, in your second approach, do you mean to check the PRTG server port from the remote probe?

Created on Jun 5, 2018 2:58:15 AM

Votes:

The other way around - the remote probe port from the Core Server :)

Created on Jun 5, 2018 8:45:28 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Unfortunately I can not access the remote probe from the Core Server (that's why I'm using the remote probe) and I can not find the port open in the prob pc (I supposed the remote probe is a client and not a server).

I'll try testing the Core Server port.

Thank you

Created on Jun 5, 2018 8:52:25 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.