What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

trigger notification in percent

Votes:

Dear Technical Team , is there any way i could add a speed trigger for notification for a bandwidth sensor in which displays the value in percent of maximum so that it could notify me whenever the channel is below/above a specific value in percentage? like i add a speed trigger to notify me when Traffic In channel is below 5% for at least 10 seconds. and by 5% i mean the current of the channel value drops 5%. i want to have a object trigger to calculate the value between 2 intervals and notify me when the channel drops from like 80% to 75%. thanks in advance.

drops notification-percent sensor

Created on Jun 2, 2018 6:17:07 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

It's currently not possible to set the limits based on percent, even after switching the channels to "Display value in percent of maximum" I'm afraid. Currently there are two suggestions around this in development's backlog. One for enabling percentage limits when switching the channel to it and another one for showing percentage for traffic in/out/total in dedicated separate channels. So far there is no concrete ETA on when this might be implemented though.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 4, 2018 7:19:17 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Could you please tell me how can i enable percentage limits? yes i changed the channel from Display actual values in Kbit/s to Display in percent of maximum , but i cannot set limits in percent , when i enable the limits on that specific sensor it says clearly that i must enter a valid number in Kbit/s (for example) for Upper / Lower error.

Created on Jun 9, 2018 5:01:07 AM

Votes:

Hello there,

As mentioned in my last reply, it is not possible, it was added to the "wishlist", but I can't tell right now when this will be implemented.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 11, 2018 8:33:23 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I just read this posts. There is a similar target in my network. I want to be informed if any bandwith of any port (sensor) reaches about 70% of its port speed.

So my question, if there is in the mean time any solution for this?

Created on Jul 24, 2022 10:00:49 AM

Votes:

Thomas,

I apologize, but at this time we don't have an update on this.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 28, 2022 4:42:03 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.