What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sflow problem

Votes:

i have hp E2620 (10.0.9.12) and cannot receive any informaton from switch. my prtg ip 10.0.10.151 Destination Instance : 1 sflow : Enabled Datagrams Sent : 11913 Destination Address : 10.0.10.151 Receiver Port : 6343 Owner : Administrator, CLI-Owned, Instance 1 Timeout (seconds) : 2147465966 Max Datagram Size : 1400 Datagram Version Support : 5

sflow 1 sampling 1-52 500 sflow 1 polling 1-48 30 PRTG side SFLOW V5 SPECIFIC SETTINGS UDP port 6343 Sender IP 10.0.9.12

hp-switch netw prtg-network-monitor sflow

Created on Jun 5, 2018 2:05:06 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

In order to find out if proper and compatible sFlow packets are arriving at the PRTG host (or host of the Remote Probe), please use our sFlow Tester: https://www.paessler.com/tools/Sflowtester

You need to pause the sFlow sensor so that sFlow Tester can listen on the port instead. Let it run for a few minutes, then send me a screenshot of what sFlow Tester is showing to [email protected], referencing this thread.

Thank you & kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 6, 2018 12:41:51 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

in fortinate firewall sflow work fine but on the switch same pronlem.. i used tester but some errow write in german language...

Created on Jun 6, 2018 1:46:30 PM

Votes:

Have you paused the sFlow sensors that use the same port? Most likely the error message is about sFlow Tester not being able to bind the port. Otherwise please contact us by email ([email protected]) and include a screenshot of the error message.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 6, 2018 1:57:57 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.