What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor iSCSI Connection - Windows

Votes:

I have storage connected to windows servers running video recorder software. I want to monitor if the iSCSI connection exist. The closest I seem to find is the Windows WMI disk space free monitor. This won't work because the storage runs pretty close to full most of the time (because of retention of video's) and if the iSCSI drops the alert won't fire because there is no drive to monitor.

Is there a way to monitor alert on the iSCSI being up/down?

Thanks!

iscsi prtg windows

Created on Jun 5, 2018 7:33:29 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

I am afraid that there is no sensor implemented into PRTG that is able to monitor the described scenario. When the disk is disconnected - then the sensor should still show an error as it is not able to find the disk anymore.

Another way would be to write a small script that could query the needed information.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 12, 2018 8:17:04 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.