What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to view alerts and devices in one view?

Votes:

Previously in v15 i was able to create a dashboard that had the alerts and devices view in one page. After upgrading to v18 i am not able to achieve the same functionality. The best i can do is create a map with alerts and the device group as a tree however the tree does not expand (this happens in 3 browsers, IE, FF and GC) and has limited function over the main device view.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

alerts device view

Created on Jun 6, 2018 6:07:46 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello bruunz,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Just to check, did you already try the map object "Data Tables | Down sensors"? What precise information do you wish to see within the map object?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 6, 2018 7:29:45 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

My issue with the map object "Devices | Device Tree". The "+" icons do not function and you cannot navigate the groupings as you can in the native Devices menu.

Thanks.

Created on Jun 7, 2018 2:55:46 AM

Votes:

Hello bruunz,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Please upload a screenshot of the map object for further comprehension.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 7, 2018 2:00:07 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Here is a screenshot

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cot7kSatERaak36K98-wqy4ggCJpbkIY

I also noticed that the 'Devices | Device Tree' mimics what is expanded on the native device list. It is not independent or controllable.

Thanks.

Created on Jun 8, 2018 2:16:02 AM

Votes:

Hello bruunz,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Your assumption is also correct, the device tree map object pulls its current view from the user account that shows the map. If, for instance, the user account minimizes the whole device tree, the map object will also be fully minimized.

Indeed, the plus and minus symbols are irritating and not functional at the moment.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 8, 2018 8:13:43 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Thank you for the update and clarification. Is there a rough road map for this to work? Next update or a later?

Thanks.

Created on Jun 14, 2018 2:38:48 AM

Votes:

Hi bruunz,

I will create a bugticket for the +/- expansion issue as I did not find one, so right now I can't tell if and when this will be fixed. Due to the device tree in the map being tied to the last view of the user in the regular device tree, this is not that easy to change though, as it would mean that when someone expands/collapses device tree in the map, this will affect the same regular user's tree view and ideally those two things should not be independent of each of each other, at least in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 14, 2018 12:14:35 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 14, 2018 12:25:35 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.