What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP down is not an Error

Votes:

Hi

I have a SNMP query on my Firewall. They check, if a vpn tunnel is up or down But when a tunnel is going down, I dont receive a warning. For PRTG is still everything ok How can I change that?

I have in settings the "Trigger 'change' notification" active but nothing will happen Thanks

custom snmp warning

Created on Jun 6, 2018 7:24:18 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Tobias,

which sensor type do you use for this?

Created on Jun 6, 2018 12:15:58 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I use the Snmplibrarysensor thanks

Created on Jun 12, 2018 7:54:13 AM

Votes:

Dear Tobias,

in this case please check if you imported the right MIB file. Since SNMP library sensors use MIBs from other parties, we have no control over what is actually monitored there.

In order to check if the SNMP values change, you can look into the OIDLIB file to get the OIDs in clear text, and use the SNMP Tester to query single OIDs.

Created on Jun 12, 2018 1:31:20 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 12, 2018 1:32:32 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.