What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Extracting system information tab data in bulk?

Votes:

Hi Paessler, happy Friday and hope you are all well :)

I have been tasked with the unenviable job of categorising ALLLL our servers, we have no documentation of which servers do what and the RMM tools here are weak.

I was hoping to somehow leverage the system information tab of PRTG to query via WMI to pull back a services list on alll the devices in our prtg instances. I understand that this is very much not what PRTG was designed for and it may indeed by impossible but any pointers would be very handy.

Kindest Sam

api system-information

Created on Jun 8, 2018 12:47:41 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Sam,

The information database is stored in JSON format in <PRTGs data folder>\System Information Database. Should be easily parseable via PowerShell :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 8, 2018 12:56:14 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.