What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I view traffic with the parameters "Source IP, Source Port, Destination IP, Destination Port

Votes:

I'm using a trial version PRTG (18.2.40.1683). I added a network device (router Cisco) and created a netflow v9 sensor. The "Top Connections" dashboard show a traffic with parameters "Source IP, Source Port, Destination IP, Destination Port" but only for fifteen-minute intervals. Can i see a traffic with parameters "Source IP, Source Port, Destination IP, Destination Port" for different time intervals? For example today i need report about five-minute interval and tomorrow about a two-hour.

Or is there another way?

netflow netflow-v9 prtg reports sensor

Created on Jun 9, 2018 7:04:02 AM

Last change on Jun 11, 2018 6:33:32 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

By default toplists are drilled down to "Top 15", this can be changed in the settings of the toplist (--> gearwheel icon next to each toplist on "Overview" tab), but don't overdo it, because depending on how many flow sensors you have running and how much data is coming in, you might run into memory issues (probe service that processes the flows is a 32bit service).

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 11, 2018 2:57:59 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for you reply. And i can monitor only one time interval? if i need report about other time interval, i must manually calculate this (sum or divide)?

Created on Jun 13, 2018 5:59:04 AM

Votes:

You could as well create an additional NetFlow sensor that is configured differently regarding the amount of toplist entries.

Created on Jun 13, 2018 8:48:50 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.