What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP Push Sensor string

Votes:

Hi !

Why is not possible to push a data string in value of the HTTP Push sensor ? I have many information in string (number of version of the software of my corp...) Is it possible to modify this directly in database ?

datapush sensor string

Created on Jun 15, 2018 6:58:41 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

PRTG can only evaluate numerical values in the channels, only the text field allows for strings :/

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 15, 2018 9:00:38 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is it possible to pass the HTTP Push Sensor in Field text ? or in numerical values... Because actually this sensor is only on Integer... If is not possible how to obtain the code of this sensor for create a custom sensor ?

Created on Jun 15, 2018 9:08:06 AM

Votes:

You'll need to use the <text></text> field outside of a channel tag:

<prtg>
      <result>
         <channel>First channel</channel>
         <value>10</value>
      </result>
      <result>
         <channel>Second channel</channel>
         <value>20</value>
   </result>
   <text>My Sensor Message</text>
</prtg>

Created on Jun 15, 2018 9:32:15 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yeah juste i need to use <text> on value... Because the text "Sensor Message" was not displayed on the dashboard...

Created on Jun 15, 2018 9:47:49 AM

Votes:

But now it is? :)

Created on Jun 15, 2018 10:18:11 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's same Lol juste i think you have not understand my question :)

I have a HTTP Push Sensor in this sensor I have many channel (One channel per server). In all server in the manager of my app's i have an powershell to push the version of exe to the Push sensor HTTP. The problème the version of my software is 2.32.187.620 (exemple).

HTTP Push sensor can only get the value in INT (integer). If i post the software version with you'r text balise he is only print on PRTG the latest value received not all value... I request an method to modify this sensor for accept value in string format... If is not possible how to obtain the original code of this sensor for create an custom ?

Created on Jun 15, 2018 12:56:09 PM

Votes:

Well, that's a basic PRTG "problem" - we cannot evaluate strings into channels. While we don't give out any source code of the core, it would be of no use for you. You'll need to do that in the script that translates that string into a numeric value beforehand and work with Lookups :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support

Created on Jun 18, 2018 4:04:59 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.