What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SQLv2.exe command line paramenters

Votes:

Could you please provide help for command line parameters for your SQLv2.exe executable? The idea is to build a custom notification that will update my SQL database in a result of error situation for specific sensors.

command-line notifications sql

Created on Jun 15, 2018 3:58:02 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Tomasz,

The easiest way to get the parameters is to add the sensor once normally within PRTG. Afterwards enable the "Write Result to Disk" option in the sensor and check the logs under "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (Sensors)\" - especially the "Result of Sensor XXXX.Data.txt"-file. The line "Data['exeparams'].asString" will show all used parameters, similar to:

"-dbuser=test" "-dbpass=***" "-host=host" "-dbauth=1" "-database=mysql" "-timeout=60" "-server=mysql" "-handledbnull=1" "-querytype=ChangeDB" "-transaction=noTransaction" "-selectvalue=ColumnID" "-channelids=" "-selectors=" "-includeruntime=1" "-isdif=" "-sqlpath=C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\custom sensors\sql\mysql\Demo Serveruptime.sql" "-writefile=C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (Sensors)\Result of Sensor 6105.log"

Best regards.

Created on Jun 18, 2018 11:08:59 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is exactly what I did as a first approach. Some parameters are obvious but others not and this is why I asked for support. Eg. of my doubts: dbauth, handledbnull, querytype, transaction, isdif.

Created on Jun 19, 2018 9:37:16 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there is no official documentation. The best way would be to test the query from within PRTG and then copy the parameters from the result file.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 19, 2018 9:51:12 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.