What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

APC NETBOTZ SNMP Traps

Votes:

Hi All,

Just configured my APC Netbotz 250 and its set up with email notifications etc.

I would like to know if its possible to configure PRTG to pick up the alerts to send them via email / SMS

apc notifications prtg sms snmp

Created on Jun 18, 2018 6:35:17 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Make sure that you have set the filters in the sensor settings correctly. Afterwards make sure that you have added a State Trigger for the Warning and Error State so notifications get triggered once defined Warnings or Errors are received. This will send a notification with the last 20 message the Trap Receiver has received.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 18, 2018 11:12:08 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Have you ever configured such sensors? Do you have a configuration guide?

Created on Jun 18, 2018 11:32:04 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

As far as I know there is no guide.

As described, to get an error or warning from retrieved messages - you need to filter them in the warning/error fields. Afterwards you can add a state-trigger to this sensor which is triggered as soon as an error or warning is detected. The message (notification) you receive will contain the last 20 retrieved messages.

Could you further describe what is unclear or what you need more information for?

Best regards.

Created on Jun 18, 2018 4:03:38 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like to send SMS's from PRTG when the temp exceeds its treshold since Netbotz doesnt support this.

Created on Jun 19, 2018 5:29:08 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Then it would be better to monitor the temperature directly, rather than via Traps. The thing is that traps are more meant to trigger and altert on string related issues (e.g. "Houston we have a problem").

The following site of APC offers a MIB you might be able to import via our MIB Importer:
http://www.apc.com/ca/en/faqs/FA156048/

Does the MIB offer Temperature readings?

Best regards.

Created on Jun 19, 2018 8:45:24 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.