What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

UsersLoggedinXML

Votes:

hi,

i found the above sensor and it works out of the box well, with one small issue. The dwm-X users being shown. Now there is supposed to be a "-nodwm" switch, but this does not seem to work.

I have the following parameters

-c=<server> -u=<user> -p<hash> -nodwm

but i still see all the dwm-X users listed. What is the correct syntax or the correct way of removing all the dwm-x users permantely?

Thanks in advanced! regards

exexml prtg users

Created on Jun 18, 2018 7:25:44 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I can confirm that there seems to be an issue with this "-nodwm" swtich, I'll contact the developer about it and get back to you.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 18, 2018 7:49:41 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Can it be the case that you created the sensor and added the -nodwm parameter afterwards?
In that case the sensor's cache file still holds the DWM users.

Please delete the sensor and create a new one adding the -nodwm parameter immediately.
To make sure the sensor creates a new cache file, clearing the redundent channels, also immediately add the parameter -id=[unique number], where [unique number] can be anything like the SensorID or simply 1234

There also is a new version of this sensor available just now at http://prtgtoolsfamily.com/downloads/sensorsxml

Created on Jun 18, 2018 9:04:08 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

i downloaded it yesterday - so i guess it is the newest version (or was it updated today)?

I have already tried creating a new sensor with the -nodwm in the parameters - does not work.

I will try the cache part and get back in a second :)

Created on Jun 18, 2018 9:19:23 AM

Votes:

I can confirm it works correctly when using the new executable and the additional -id=som_Random_number parameter.

@grams: Please note that it's not possible to remove once existing "DWM-x" channels in the sensor, you need to create a new sensor for it to work correctly so that they do not get created initially.

Created on Jun 18, 2018 9:50:42 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thankyou! can confirm works! :)

ie: -c=<server> -u=<user> -p=<hash> -nodwm -id=randomnr

Created on Jun 18, 2018 12:50:30 PM

Votes:

I am having an issue with this sensor on a particular server. It gives me an Object reference not set to an instance of an object error message. Has anyone seen this before?

Created on Aug 26, 2020 5:36:39 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Could you please let me know the exact error message that you receive?

Created on Aug 27, 2020 8:46:05 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

All it says is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Created on Sep 2, 2020 6:09:21 PM

Votes:

Hi,

To get a better view on the issue, I would ask you to provide us screenshots of the error message via mail to [email protected]. Please use the following Ticket-ID for the subject of your email PAE2019383.

With kind regards,
Marijan Horsky Team Technical Support

Created on Sep 3, 2020 7:05:04 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.