What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

EXE/Script HTTP Sensor

Votes:

I'm using the custom script provided here:

I've deployed the sensor but I'm receiving the error:

"XML: The returned XML does not match the expected schema. (Code: PE233) - JSON: The returned JSON does not match the expected structure (invalid JSON.). (Code: PE231)

I'm using these parameters with this structure:

-SSL -URL "192.168.1.1" -Headers '@{Host = "www.example.com"}'

I know the script returns XML but i'm not familiar with the schema used by PRTG. I'm assuming the since the script is provided by a PRTG representative that it is simply out of date and needs something updated to the XML in the script.

To outline the need for this I have 2 web servers using host headers and passing through a load balancer so we need to hit the IP address to confirm we are hitting the correct server and use the host header to hit the correct site on the server.

Appreciate any help.

custom-script-exe exe-script-advanced-sensor http

Created on Jun 18, 2018 2:53:21 PM

Last change on Jun 19, 2018 5:52:27 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

5 Replies

Votes:

In case you're using the latest version of PRTG, this might be related to a bug with the parameter interpretation. Please enter the credentials directly in the script for the time being and let me know if it works :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 19, 2018 12:16:36 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Stephan, Ill give that a try today and get back to you.

If this is indeed the case I need to deploy like 50 of these sensors. I'd rather not have to make 50 different hard coded scripts. Is there an ETA on a patch for the potential issue affecting me?

Created on Jun 20, 2018 2:36:11 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

For security reasons, some symbols are no longer possible at the moment. Since you only have one value in your array, I would specify the parameters without @{}.

I think this issue will be fixed in about two months.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 21, 2018 2:57:15 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Still receiving:

XML: The returned XML does not match the expected schema. (code: PE233) -- JSON: The returned JSON does not match the expected structure (Invalid JSON.). (code: PE231)

I altered the script to bypass the need for the headers symbols and my parameters are:

-SSL -URL "192.168.1.1" -Headers 'www.example.com'

I'm on the current build 18.3.44.2059+

Please advise, This is a very much needed sensor a primary reason of why we are using PRTG in the first place

Created on Oct 4, 2018 5:37:56 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please activate the "Write EXE result to disk" option in the sensor's settings and post the log files (Result of Sensor XXX.Data.txt and Result of Sensor XXX.txt) located on the corresponding probe under "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (Sensors)".

Best regards.

Created on Oct 4, 2018 6:17:05 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.