What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Youtube Down, But It's Not

Votes:

Hi folks,

I'm getting reports from the HTTP Full Web Page Sensor that YouTube is down, but when I go to the site it's functioning normally. I've had numerous reports of this today, but it's not constant.

I'm not sure if there's a way to export the log, but it shows that the site it's trying to access is www.youtube.com/csi_204?v=2&s=youtube&action=home&yt_sts=dhs&st= and then a number that can vary.

The sensor is set to look at https://www.youtube.com, so not sure if the site is sporadically redirecting PRTG and confusing the sensor?

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

fullwebpagesensor prtg youtube

Created on Jun 19, 2018 1:54:51 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

What is the sensor exactly displaying when it is down? Furthermore what is the error message? Do you get an error code from the webserver like "500" or anything else?

I assume that this is might be the spam detection by Youtube to prevent automated requests.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 20, 2018 9:39:17 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

From what I can see in the log for the sensor, it shows the sensor timeout has been reached. The sensor definitely turns red, and shows that the site is down.

Where would I look to see more detail?

Created on Jun 21, 2018 9:49:47 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please switch to the Phantom JS - Engine within the Sensor settings, does the Timeout still occur afterwards?

Best regards.

Created on Jun 21, 2018 12:28:53 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.