What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to classify/filter mails to show/display them on the PRTG interface ?

Votes:

Hi guys, i'd like to know if i can display some mail and classify them on the PRTG web interface ? Is it possible ? My mail is used to receive 3cx notifications and there are a lot of it so i really need an interface allowing me to order and display my mails how i want.

that's the subject gave by my job:

I would like you to think of a way to integrate PRTG into this process. 3CX is not compatible with SNMP, but I would like you to find a solution to integrate e-mails sent automatically by 3CX on PRTG, with the possibility to match this with PRTG alerts.

So we must : That PRTG can "POP" an address to which 3CX will send its notifications; That PRTG converts these emails into event logs; Alerts are associated with these events.

Thanks you for your attention!

display email prtg web-interface

Created on Jun 20, 2018 8:08:18 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear gaby33,

with the sensors build into PRTG, this would be a bit complex. You could check if you can filter incoming emails via the IMAP sensor (the POP3 sensor can only monitor the server response time, but not filter email for subject or content). Then you can attach a notification which sends an event log.

Created on Jun 20, 2018 1:32:47 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 20, 2018 1:35:16 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ty a lot for the response, i'll check and see how i can do that.

Created on Jun 20, 2018 3:23:08 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.