What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

World cup scores sensor

Votes:

Ok so its not often i post here with something that isnt a question, however i have spent this morning tasked with the job of creating sensors to alert if and when there are goals in the world cup! We are a sweepstakes heavy office :)

It utilises LordMilko's API for sensor creation and pause, the good work of the chaps at worldcup.sfg.io and iricigor's FIFA2018 module but i thought some people may be interested ?

https://github.com/SamuelmAsh/PRTG-World-Cup-Sensor

The get-fifa-today.ps1 is to be run by the exexml sensor from Custom Sensors, the WCNewSensorEachDay.ps1 needs to run as a scheduled task to pause yesterdays sensor and create todays, this is to work around the inability to update channel names via API.

Its all very hacky and im surprised it works but it does and the notification group for goal updates are very happy :)

custom-sensor exexml lordmilko

Created on Jun 20, 2018 12:40:24 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Nice!

Maybe you should map it somehow on a soccerfield map ;-)

Created on Jun 22, 2018 1:32:52 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.