What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Status-of/total-number-of-sensors-added-to a Probe

Votes:

Hi,

In the web console in the Device Tree for each probe is shown in the Overview (tabid=1):

• the status of that probe
  • the total number of sensors added to that probe

But in the Enterprise console this is only true for the local probe. All other probes don't show status in the Overview tab and Sensors = 0.

Is this intended?

I'm running v18.2.41.1652 on both Core as Enterprise Console.

Btw. in PRTG Desktop (Beta; v18.6.22207) per probe the status is shown, as well as number of up/warning/down/paused/unknown sensor, but not the total number of sensors added to that probe. Maybe it can be added there to the Overview tab as well?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, Dimitry

enterprise-console large-number-of-sensors probe prtg-desktop status

Created on Jun 22, 2018 8:23:37 AM

Last change on Jun 22, 2018 10:19:08 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Dimitry,
we appreciate your contact.

We're no longer updating the Enterprise console, it will be discontinued as soon as the Desktop Client is able to offer all the same features.

As for the Desktop Client, I will forward your feedback to the responsible developer. If the request is accepted, it will be added to a new release of the client.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 22, 2018 10:23:32 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Okay, that answers my question. Thanks for the quick response.

Created on Jun 22, 2018 1:30:02 PM

Votes:

I've added a task for our developers to implement the total sensor count per probe/device node - I'll let you know what they said :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 25, 2018 7:25:48 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.