What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

View List of All Current Tags

Votes:

Is it possible to view all tags being used? I want to clean up some old tags that I can't remember the names of, but I know I added a while back.

prtg tags view

Created on Jun 25, 2018 3:49:31 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there is no report which lists all tags. However you can find most of the tags under "Sensors > By Tag". There are all Tags listed that are added to the sensors of your installation.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 26, 2018 6:20:24 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That works well enough! Thanks!

Created on Jun 26, 2018 7:53:05 PM

Votes:

Will there be a way to see all tags? Or extract them? I have at least 300 tags, and that alphabetic drop-down list is pretty painful to navigate.

Created on May 11, 2023 2:33:58 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

Thanks for using PRTG.

Unfortunately, achieving that using default options in PRTG is not possible.

However, you may explore an alternative solution from a third party scripts by utilizing https://github.com/lordmilko/PrtgAPI PowerShell.

You may also like to visit this Knowledge Base article
https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/82323-how-to-get-a-list-of-sensor-tags-without-parent-tags-via-api

about a similar issue" How to get a list of sensor tags " which may help you accomplish your goal.

Kind regards,

Jeremiah Katatumba - Technical Support

Created on May 16, 2023 1:32:36 PM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.