What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Divide a sensor value

Votes:

Hello,

I have a sensor which is giving a time value in seconds (absolute signed integer).

I would like to display this in a Graph in minutes (simply divide by 60).

How can I do this?

I read about this Sensor Factory but I I dont understand anything. Maybe my IQ is too low for this rocket science.

Is there a simple example?

Thank you

prtg sensor snmp

Created on Jun 26, 2018 8:15:52 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello there,

Thanks for your inquiry, we appreciate your contact regarding this matter!

I would recommend another solution here. A lot of Sensors have a "divide" option already implemented. To use this, please switch to the sensor overview and open the specific channel settings by clicking on the corresponding gauge. On the top you can set the "Scaling Multiplication" and "Scaling Division".

If this is not available you can still work with the factory sensor. Please use the following formula in the "Channel Definition" section:

#<ID for this channel>:<Name of this channel> 
channel(<SensorID,ChannelID)/60 

An example:

#1:Test Channel
channel(1234,1)/60

You can also get some more information about the factory Sensor in this link.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 26, 2018 1:07:37 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Birk,

thanks a lot for the information.

The first solution is working fine.

I overlooked that the multiplication / division is available in the "Overview" and not in "Edit -> Settings".

Best regards Thomas

Created on Jun 27, 2018 5:26:20 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.