What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco SFP Modules (GLC-SX-MMD): "Other" System Sensor

Votes:

I have GLC-SC-MMDs installed in a Cisco switch running 15.2(2)E5. I have another identical switch with the same version and same SFP modules. On one switch, PRTG detects the "other" sensors for the SNMP Cisco System Health group for optical power, but on the other switch, there are no "other" sensors detected. What might be the reason for this discrepancy and is there anything I can do to get the "other" sensor to detect on the switch that is missing that sensor?

cisco-switch optical snmp

Created on Jun 26, 2018 1:27:13 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Kyle,

Most likely the device does not provide those metrics, might be related to different SNMP settings or firmware related. I've also sent you an email with additional details about using our SNMP tester with a walk script on both devices, then we can compare the SNMP data from both devices.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 27, 2018 12:04:54 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Erhard,

Do you care to share the solution with the rest of us who search and come across this post?

Created on Jan 7, 2020 8:25:09 PM

Votes:

Dlegg,

Please open a support ticket, and we can send you the files necessary to use with our SNMP Tester.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Jan 8, 2020 1:46:43 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.