What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Show only down and warning devices on custom Sunburst Map

Votes:

I am trying to create a Map that shows a Sunburst view of devices with only Down and Warning sensors. The "devices sunburst sensors" is the map I am trying to edit, but I cannot figure out how to filter by sensor type. I am able to achieve this from the Devices tab but cannot seem to create a map for it.

custom-map sunburt xml

Created on Jun 27, 2018 9:40:03 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Jason,

We do no longer provide support for custom objects or ui adjustments due to several reasons, but I try to bump you into the right direction, which might help you also in the future for coming up with further adjustments of your own.

Take map object "Sunburst hide paused" as a starting point, the related file would be "devices sunburst no paused.htm" located in PRTG's installation path, subfolder webroot\mapobjects, so create a differently named version of it and adjust the title in line 1 when opening with a text editor, so you can recognize it later.

Direct your attention especially to line 18 as it contains already a filter that leaves out the paused sensors and this filter can be extended: "filter":["paused","up","unusual","unknown"]

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 28, 2018 1:17:26 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.