What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Library hangs (how small does this need to be?)

Votes:

Hello,

We are trying to add a custom sensor for PRTG using the "SNMP Library" sensor for AudioCodes hardware. Initially I attempted to use the entire oidlib file, but it was something like 12MB. I trimmed the file down to about 830kb, but it still hangs (I let it sit for over an hour).

If this is related to the size, how small does the file need to be? If it isn't related to the size, is there something else we should be checking?

The oidlib we use with Cisco hardware is much larger and it seems to work fine.

Thank you!

library oidlib snmp

Created on Jun 29, 2018 5:40:22 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

What version of PRTG are you currently running?

Created on Jun 30, 2018 5:18:50 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

We are currently using version 17.3.33.2830 x64

Created on Jul 2, 2018 10:57:59 AM

Votes:

Greg,

Yes, this is an issue that we resolved in PRTG version 17.4.35.

I would highly suggest you update your version to the latest PRTG release we have available.

Here is our Release Notes where you can see all the updates we have done. https://www.paessler.com/prtg/history/stable

Thanks!

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 2, 2018 5:22:44 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Last change on Jul 2, 2018 5:23:17 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.