What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP 122 Sensor triggering errors but site is up and running with no issues.

Votes:

I am having an issue with one of our sites. I am currently monitoring one of our sites with the HTTP 122 sensor. The site is up 100 percent of the time, however, the sensor is reporting a 25 percent downtime over a 30 day period. There has been no actual downtime on the site at all. I do see some socket errors in the logs. Could it be that I am using the wrong type of sensor? I'm not getting anywhere with the hosting site because the site is up so they feel as though there is no issue. I just want to understand the underlying issue here and what I can do to fix it. Please Help

http socket-error-#10060 website

Created on Jun 29, 2018 8:49:06 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Is it possible this was a DNS issue? Can you run a report on the sensor to hone in on the period of time that the sensor showed an error, and then give me the error the sensor produced?

Created on Jun 30, 2018 4:17:21 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.