What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Live Graphs for Groups/Devices - Resize in Maps

Votes:

I am using tag filtering to portray snmp interface graphs via the live graphs for groups/devices map object. The tag filter is currently producing about 8 graph objects.

I have a 4K TV that I am sizing my map for, but the graphs contained in the map object do not scale past a certain point. When I drag the corner of the object to expand it, it expands but stops growing the graphs sizes.

Is it possible to enable this map object to intelligently expand as I drag expand it to take up the entire map? Ideally I just want the live graphs of everything matching this tag filter.

live-graph maps tags

Created on Jun 30, 2018 9:08:09 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

You might want to check Grafana and its PRTG plugin :) It should properly display the graphs and scale accordingly on your 4K screen.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 2, 2018 10:31:44 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Got Grafana/PRTG up and running - very promising start

However my snmp traffic sensors have bad y axis values even when I try switching the unit and scale to many different possible combinations. E.g. when I look in prtg I see 250mbps peak for the last hour but the y axis in grafana for the same sensor shows tbps or ptbs. What is needed to have parity between the two?

Created on Jul 3, 2018 4:21:54 PM

Votes:

Yeah, it's somewhat messy with PRTG, at least from my findings with the SNMP Traffic Sensor. Could you provide me with the configuration of the graph?

Created on Jul 4, 2018 5:57:47 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.